Friday, November 20, 2009

Lots of laughs

Do you want a wholesome book with a lot of laughs? Then I heartily recommend the Miss Julia series (there are presently 10 books in the series) by Ann B. Ross. When I initially discovered books 1 and 2 in this library over a year ago I wrote a review about it in my weekly news column. The responses I have gotten from other readers has been most encouraging. I even got a positive reply from a former resident who happens to receive our small town newspaper where she now lives. Needless to say I have made sure we obtained all other books in this series and I personally can't wait for book 11 to come out whenever that happens!

For more wholesome laughs I recommend the recently published book of Bill Keane cartoons entitled The Family Circus - The complete comics from the beginining - 1960-61. It also includes a brief pictoral autobiography of his family in the early days of his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment