Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lake Front View


This is the actual view I see from my lakeside home. Since this is obviously a summer view I will need to add an autumn shot when available as there are no longer any leaves to see and all the boats, docks and lifts are now put away for winter. You can probably understand why this daily view provides an ideal atmosphere for a
"lakeside bookworm" to enjoy, especially on warm days when one can sit out on the deck and read. Watching the numerous birds on my birdfeeders as well as a few other critters that may wander by are added pleasures to living by this beautiful lake - Blackhawk Lake
the southern most glacial lake in this state.
I have now finished the first chapter of Going Rogue. So far so good despite the controversy from the media. I am actually reading 3 different books at different times during the day to add variety and to relieve my aging eyes. I save the large print books for evening reads. The one I am presently reading is Eve's Christmas by Janet Dailey. She is one of my favorite authors because I love historical fiction. This particular book by her is not historical, but is one of her romance stories. If you like historical fiction and in particular ones involving the plight of the Cherokee Indians during the Civil War era I recommend The Proud and the Free and the sequel, Legacies by Janet Dailey.

No comments:

Post a Comment