Saturday, January 16, 2010

drifting snow




These are pictures of the drifts in front of one of my "lakeside" windows. As you can tell my "lake view" is rather limited on this one side. Fortunately the windows to the west are clear so that I can continue to enjoy seeing the seasonal changes that Iowa's weather creates. Snowmobiles now travel by my home instead of speeding boats. Ice fishing huts occasionally appear and of course my winter birds gather to feed from my feeders. With the severe weather we have had the past few weeks I have only seen my downy woodpeckers on a regular basis. Then there are the squirrels and raccoons that appear every now and then. In fact, the two racoons woke me up way too early one morning as I heard them scractching in the ice near my door!! Haven't yet seen a truck drive by on the lake. That was a real surprise for me my first winter here in a lakeside home. (I grew up here but at that time I lived with my parents in town and not near the lake.) Stay warm whereever you are

No comments:

Post a Comment