Tuesday, October 16, 2012

At Journey's End in Santa Fe



These are shots of a special tourist attraction in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  The sculptures depict the end of the trail for pioneers heading west in the 1800s.  I was unable to take pictures from the opposite side due to the direction of the sun.  As such I couldn't get a good picture of the informational display case that told all about the building of this attraction.  Notice also the type of building structure of the home in the background.  Santa Fe is also unique to the fact that ALL HOME AND EVEN BUSINESSES have to be adobe brown in color with adobe looking structure as well. It is a great city to visit and especially if you know someone as I do who lives there to drive you around all the narrow and often dirt and steep roads within the city itself.  It is an easy place to get lost in if you don't know your way around.  I had another great but shorter visit to this area this past summer where I bought several new outdoor decor items from another unique place called Jack o Lope.  Not sure I have it spelled correctly but do recommend it if one is in Santa Fe.

No comments:

Post a Comment