Monday, April 26, 2010

L.V. Library in Spring


Thought those who don't check out the new library website should see this recent picture of the Lake View Public Library. One can also read some of the history about this library on the website but allow me a brief walk down memory lane as I relate how this building sits on land that once belonged to my father, the town doctor for over 30 years who built his own medical clinic seen partially to the left in this picture. As a child ,when the land the library now sits was a vacant lot, I spent many hours mowing!! I even rode my horse onto the lot to allow her to graze and thus help with the "mowing" at times. Not much lawn to mow now but library board members and city crewmen keep up with the landscaping and yard maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment