Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Memorial Books


Money, money, money! We are very fortunate to have money donated every month in memory of loved ones who have died. Occasionally books are just donated to enhance our collection but the majority are actual memorials. Those pictured above are some of our most recent ones and do include several memoirs or biographies of living celebrities. I am presently reading the one by Andy Williams for several reasons. One, I love his kind of music and especially his signature song which is part of the book's title (Moon River); second, his birthplace is the town of Wall Lake just 5 miles from here; third he writes about many famous people that bring back fun memories from my childhood, and last but not least is the fact the book I am reading was donated to the library after we already had one on our memorial shelf. Therefore, I can read it at my leisure and not hold up the opportunity for someone else to read the one pictured above!!

No comments:

Post a Comment