Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowy Tree


This large evergreen is next to my backyard gate and sits on my brother's property. Now you have to understand when I say "backyard" I am one of those lakeside residents who refer to their lakeside as "front" and their street side as "back". This tree is viewed only when I drive my car up to my "backyard" gate before entering my home. Since we are again experiencing more snow this winter of 2009/2010 I thought this picture very appropriate to share at this time. Spring will not come any too soon for us Iowa residents. In fact, this winter has reminded me why I used to tell all my New Mexico friends, where I lived for over 30 years, that I would never want to move back to my home state of Iowa! "Cabin fever" is beginning to affect a lot of us, especially sun lovers like myself. Well, thanks to my parttime library job, here I am back in an Iowa winter of historical proportions!! Oh well, spring is just around the corner and I will again be able to enjoy those lovely,warm, sunny days on my lakeside deck and this lovely tree will again look more green than white!

No comments:

Post a Comment