Friday, February 26, 2010

February Cafe de Poetry




Aren't these puppies adorable! They actually ended up as centerpieces on the card tables instead of the rose vases seen above . I moved the roses to the larger table and put the puppies on the smaller tables. Participants could enjoy holding these centerpieces instead of just looking at them.

An original poem shared by one of our members pretty much expressed the feelings of most if not all of us Iowans (and probably others throughout our nation). It is entitled Iowa Winter by Edna Huff

"The sun was shining today. It was a welcome sight. Maybe the next day will be warmer and we'll see the stars tonight. It has been a weary winter, no nice long walks for me. I have to watch out for the ice and hazards hard to see. We all are thinking about warm spring and sunny skies and flowers. I'm all for these lovely things and welcome April showers. Open windows and the smell of rain and heavy shirts put away. Lots of long walks along the trail for all of these I pray. Thank you God in advance for miracles to be and in the future of the spring I see a happy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment