Thursday, July 5, 2012

Iowa State Capitol Bldg.

My granddaughter and I had the priviliege of being part of the large crowd of people who attended the annual 4th of a July Yankee Doodle Pops performance on the huge expanse of lawn of the Iowa state capitol. I aplogize that I used the wrong setting on my camera to get a better night shot of the unique gold dome at the top of the building but you can still get some of its beauty. Fortunately there was a fairly good breeze and less humidity than the day before to make the event more comfortable than we had expected.  It was still good though to finally get back into the cool comfort of my brother's Ankeny home. May our country's leaders earnestly seek to remember what made America the greatest nation on Earth when we first had a 4th of July to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment