Monday, January 2, 2012

Snowy New Mexico -2011



Just returned from my trip to Carlsbad, N.M. where they had the snow we usually have here in Iowa!! I was meant to take this trip as the weather for this time of year was most cooperative with sunshine the entire trip and no road issues (except all the wind on my return trip). These pictures just show a few of the snowy scenes I saw which include snow in Carlsbad AND up at Ski Apache at Ruidoso, N.M. One of my friends is sitting next to a snowman (slightly smaller than its original size) that she built over the Christmas weekend. Unfortunately for the snowman he was melted away by midweek as was most of all the other snow. Even up at Ruidoso, the 60 degree weather didn't leave much snow in the town itself but fortunately for skiers there was enough snow up on the mountains for them.







































No comments:

Post a Comment