Friday, September 2, 2011

Carlsbad,N.M. homes

While visiting my New Mexico "hometown" this past summer my friend took me on a tour of different houses. The very adobe Spanish style home is one that is located along the Pecos River that runs through Carlsbad and should I ever want to give up my lovely Iowa lakeside home, this is where I would probably want to move to. The other two houses pictured here are definitely out of my price range but are just two of many lovely homes in this desert town. They, too, have the Pecos River in their backyard. All homes along the Pecos have a special "Christmas on the Pecos" event where they have very elaborate yard decorations all lit up for tourists and locals to view while floating down the river on large pontoons designed for this annual event.















No comments:

Post a Comment