Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Trip to New Mexico


This sign is not far from a very, very steep mountain decline!!! The kind of ride you hope your brakes will hold..... and I was certainly glad to reach the bottom near the town of Raton, N.M. I have now returned from a most pleasant visit in Santa Fe with a fellow teacher friend. The picture of the outdoor fireplace is one of many I took of her lovely 1920's true adobe country home. Other pictures are scenes of the Santa Fe area including a native dancer in the historic plaza area of downtown Santa Fe. I did some shopping and even visited all 3 of the libraries in Santa Fe before heading out of the cool mountain temperature into the hot south - Carlsbad. Now that isn't in CA but is the town with the famous Carlsbad Caverns. They are worth seeing at least once if you are ever in that part of the country. I lived in this area for close to 30 years. I enjoyed seeing many friends from the church I attended there as well as another teacher friend at whose house I stayed before returning to hot and muggy Iowa with two of my precious grandkids.













No comments:

Post a Comment